Why RoboForm Enterprise Is Better than SSO
Solving the Same Problems as Traditional Single Sign-On at a Fraction of the Cost and Effort
No one disputes that passwords are essential for protecting enterprise networks and applications. However, employees are drowning in passwords. And, the reality is that users just cannot remember multiple, complex passwords, especially if they have to change them every 30-60-90 days, which is the case in most enterprises today. Password inflation and the password fatigue that comes with it increasingly frustrate employees as well as the support teams that must deal with the fallout of strict password policies.
As the number of passwords goes up, password effectiveness actually decreases. Users resort to unsecure practices like writing passwords down or storing them in unsecured files. They also make more frequent help desk calls to reset lost passwords.
Such concerns are why Enterprise Single Sign-On (ESSO) came into being. Adding a security layer on top of an enterprise’s applications and network resources, ESSO gives users access to all their business applications using a single password. However, traditional ESSO solutions come with their own complex issues that equates to lengthy, complex and expensive implementation cycles.
RoboForm Enterprise, an out-of-the-box, full-featured Password Management solution, provides a simplified, secure, client-based alternative to traditional Enterprise Single Sign-On (ESSO). It can also fill the gaps of your existing ESSO solutions, which are well-known to be unable to deliver on the promise of true single sign-on.
Fast and Easy to Roll Out
Single Sign-on (SSO) implementations are typically difficult and time-consuming. RoboForm Enterprise offers a simplified approach that can be up and running in minutes, giving administrators the flexibility to customize and control password settings.
- Does not require you to hire a team of consultants to plan and implement, nor make changes to application infrastructure, saving significant development costs.
- Relies on existing mechanisms, i.e., securely stores and ‘remembers’ usernames and passwords for automatic logins, thus, eliminating the need to change user profiles or applications.
- Is compatible with most automated software install programs, making it as easy to install on 1,000 computers as it is on one.
Integration Flexibility in Accessing Everyday Business Applications
Unlike SSO, RoboForm Enterprise supports virtually all business applications, including legacy systems.
- Any user, employee, partner, or other stakeholder in the organization can benefit even those using 3rd party applications and systems.
- Continues to work as systems evolve automatically, with no additional integration work or infrastructure changes required.
Cost Effective with Immediate ROI
RoboForm Enterprise provides an immediate return on investment with:
- Reasonable pricing at a fraction of the cost of traditional SSO.
- Instant IT savings with fewer help desk calls and more productive employees.
Secure, Distributed Solution with No Single Point of Attack
With standard SSO, all passwords are stored in a central database, so if anyone gets access to the database, the entire Enterprise will be compromised. And, having to then reset all these passwords is a dubious and costly effort. With RoboForm Enterprise:
- Flexible and distributed architecture ensures that there are no “keys to the kingdom” that will allow hackers to compromise an enterprise’s password storehouse.
- Each employee’s passwords are stored using powerful AES encryption with a Master Password as a key. Each employee Master Password is known only to the employee, keeping RoboForm Enterprise unusable to an outsider who does not know the Master Password.
Increased Employee Productivity with a Single, Secure Login to All Applications
RoboForm Enterprise offers a clear alternative or complement to existing SSO solutions, which are plagued with the inability to deliver on the promise of truly reducing logins down to a single password.
- Employees no longer waste time trying to remember their multitude of passwords or getting help to reset forgotten passwords.
- Automatically logs users into their critical everyday applications with one Master Password, reducing the time-consuming login process down to one click of the mouse, empowering and making employees significantly more productive.
Less Work for IT Staff with an Intuitive Interface that Automatically ‘Learns’ and ‘Remembers’ Passwords
In a standard SSO implementation, you need to assemble all of your passwords for all users into one central database, even if some of the users will never use many of the passwords. This is a very time-consuming process. With RoboForm Enterprise:
- When a user enters a new password, it simply offers to save and store this new password for the employee.
- Originally built for consumers and now used by millions of users worldwide, the software is designed to simplify password management and meet the needs of the most novice user. Users can be up and running quickly with little to no training.
Please direct all RoboForm Enterprise inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +1 (703) 218-1851 Option #4. Reseller inquiries are welcome.